Friday, May 21, 2010

P - Prom

Prom: thing, event

I only went to prom my senior year. I went because I wanted an excuse to go to Red Lobster for dinner (because I'm classy). Luckily, I went with a good friend and had a lot of fun (there was a Limo, and, yes, Red Lobster). The theme was "Moondance" like the Van Morrison song, which was very fortunate, as the following year was, I believe, some sort of miserable "Titanic" theme. For after-prom, a few friends came over to my house and we watched "Catch-22".

I've been a Prom Chaperone for the past few years. Until now it's been an easy gig. Wear a Suit, get fed well, sit on a balcony at a country club and prevent kids from getting their Prom Swerve On on the golf-course fairway. This year, though, it's On A Boat in Baltimore.

No comments:

Post a Comment