Monday, May 17, 2010

S - South Africa

South Africa: place

I used to know a lot about South Africa's history and music. Okay, maybe not a lot, but a decent amount. I became interested in South African history during the very first class I took in college (Survey of Southern African History) which I decided to take because I had recently re-discovered Paul Simon's "Graceland" album. I ended up taking more classes in college and writing my Senior Seminar research paper on protest implications of music in South Africa. I've forgotten a lot of what I used to know, as I didn't pursue it much after graduation, but recently I've decided to relearn what I can.

I have never been to South Africa. Since it's in Africa one probably needs many shots to travel there.


SEE ALSO: Graceland, college, guitar

No comments:

Post a Comment